The Campus Heat Organization is collaborating with different University Anti-AIDS clubs and organizations across the federation in order to enlighten the youths on the risks of HIV, Prevention of future infections and also breaking down the walls of discrimination surrounding the epidemic as they are the leaders of tomorrow.
As we all know, The World AIDS Day is celebrated on the 1st of December each year and the new theme, that will be used until 2015, echoes the UNAIDS vision of achieving Zero new HIV infections. Zero discrimination. Zero AIDS-related deaths.
A List of The 10 Goals To Be Attained By 2015 Courtesy of the UNAIDS organization is posted below …
- Sexual transmission of HIV reduced by half, including among young people,men who have sex with men and transmission in the context of sex work;
- Vertical transmission of HIV eliminated and AIDS-related maternal deaths reduced by half;
- All new HIV infections prevented among people who use drugs.
- Universal access to antiretroviral therapy for people living with HIV who are eligible for treatment;
- TB deaths among people living with HIV reduced by half;
- All people living with HIV and households affected by HIV are addressed in all national social protection strategies and have access to essential care and support.
- Countries with punitive laws and practises around HIV transmission, sex work, drug use or homosexuality that block effective responses reduced by half ;
- HIV-related restrictions on entry, stay and residence eliminated in half of the countries that have such restrictions;
- HIV-specific needs of women and girls are addressed in at least half of all national HIV responses;
- Zero tolerance for gender-based violence.