0
Posted January 17, 2015 by Campus Heat in News
 
 

TURN UP! Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather Agree To Terms For May Fight

FlowdMayweather

The Manny Pacquiao/Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight is closer to happening than ever before.

Yahoo Sports reports that Pac Man has agreed to terms for a May 2 bout.

The Filipino boxer will receive a 40% cut of the purse, leaving 60% for Mayweather.

The fight is expected to break all previous revenue records for a boxing match.

That would include the gate at the MGM Grand and the all time pay-per-view buy record of 2.4 million.

Top ticket prices at the MGM are expected to be as high as $5000.

All that’s left is for Mayweather to sign the contract. Pacquiao‘s promoter, Bob Arum, says that the pound-for-pound boxing champion has already agreed to terms.

manny-pacquiao

I want to get some movement here, with bringing Mayweather to the table so we can go out and get everything signed and get the networks together and get the thing finished,” Arum told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday, January 13.

This fight means everything to Mayweather‘s legacy.

With an undefeated record of 47 Wins (26 knockouts, 21 decisions), he is widely considered to be the best boxer of this generation.

To cement his place as one of the best in the history of the sport he has to fight the man fans and analysts believe has the best chance to beat him.

If Mayweather loses May 2 his status may rise in the eyes of many for finally taking the fight.

An automatic rematch clause will most likely be included in the language of the contract.

Meaning the two would wage war a second time.

.

For Advertisements and Other Enquiries ..Email: campusheatpr@yahoo.com !

If You Wanna Be In The Know, Follow (@CampusHeat) on Instagram/Twitter!