A PARTY-LOVING law student had five bags of ecstasy inside her stomach when she was found dead on holiday in Ibiza – an inquest heard.
Rebecca Brock, 18, was discovered with a pool of blood next to her head in a hotel room on September 28, 2015, after travelling to the party island for a friend’s birthday.
A police probe was launched because the amount of the class A drug in her system was “double the level” of a normal fatal dose.
Her tearful mum Margarita Brock today told Nottingham Coroners’ Court her daughter must have been forced to swallow the drugs.
She told the hearing Rebecca had told her she took cocaine, but her daughter struggled swallowing pills.
She said: “Spanish authorities say five bags were found which were wrapped with elastic bands.
“They said it would probably have been four hours before something happened.
“She wouldn’t take any pills easily – I can’t imagine that getting in her body at all.
“If she didn’t have to take a pill she wouldn’t do because she couldn’t swallow it. I can’t see any other way than someone making that happen.”
The court was told “academically gifted” Rebecca had suffered with body image issues in the past and lost a significant amount of weight in 2015.
Margarita explained how her daughter wouldn’t tell her about her “weight issues” but was “quite open” about taking drugs.
Tragic Rebecca was found unresponsive in her room by a cleaner at Hotel Marco Polo six days after she arrived in Ibiza.
Toxicologist Dr Stephen Morley said Spanish authorities found that she had died around 48 hours before she was found in her room.
He said traces of alcohol and a “potentially fatal concentration” of ecstasy were found in her body.
The medic added: “She would have died around half an hour from when [the ecstasy] entered her blood stream to when she died – that is working on the assumption that she has never taken it before.
“She would probably begin to feel very unwell.
“There was evidence of an acute MDMA dosage – a potentially fatal concentration.
“The most likely cause of death is ecstasy toxicity. The level of MDMA was double the reported fatal level.”
Returning a verdict of a drug-related death, Nottinghamshire coroner Mairin Casey described Rebecca as an “independent young woman” who had taken cocaine in Ibiza on another trip before her fatal holiday.
She said: “She went on holiday to Ibiza in September 2015, where she visited twice in the summer.
“We remain, sadly, without some information that is particularly significant to the family and indeed for me.
“On September 22 Becky flew to Ibiza from the Netherlands – it was something she had organised herself.
“She was captured on CCTV imaging and it is clear she had checked into her hotel.
“On her arrival Becky had various communications.
“(Becky and her friends) planned to meet on the night of September 22 and they went to a club – with many of them socialising together.
“She didn’t have any contact with anyone after September 23.
“On the morning of September 28 she was tragically found deceased in the hotel room.
“Spanish authorities gave the cause of death as an adverse reaction to drugs and a ruptured body pack.
“Becky died of MDMA intoxication commonly known as ecstasy.
For Advertisements and Other Enquiries ..Email: email@example.com !
If You Wanna Be In The Know, Follow (@CampusHeat) on Instagram/Twitter!