Authorities of UNILAG have responded to demonstration carried out by the Students over an alleged Hike in Course Registration fees.
The Press Release Below …
The University of Lagos Management on Thursday, June 5, 2014 took the following decisions:
– That the portal of the University remains open and available to students to access;
– Add and delete continues to be free on the University Portal;
– There is no increment in the charges for late registration;
– University Examination has been shifted by one week (Examinations now starts on June 30, 2014);
– All students are enjoined to remain calm and go about their normal activities.
The University Management wishes all students success in their forthcoming First Semester Examinations.
Earlier today, a protest kicked off at the University of Lagos.
Students were protesting against UNILAG Authority for demanding some should students pay N20,000 for late editing or registration of Course Forms.
The students first converged at the University’s Senate Building where they shouted slogans and sang protest songs, demanding that the school ends this form of exploitation today, while accusing their VC of corruption.
They left the senate building and went on a rampage through all the faculties in UNILAG demanding their rights.
The students then blocked entrances to the school, preventing cars from going in and out of the campus.
The students claim they registered late because the school management shut the school portal against registration, only for the school to demand an extra N20,000 from students registering late.
No word from the school authority yet.
For Advertisements and Other Enquiries ..Email: email@example.com !
If You Wanna Be In The Know, Follow (@CampusHeat) on Instagram/Twitter!